Boz is a CrossFit legend. He is an HQ guy and is heavily involved with The CrossFit Games (Head Judge). I was lucky enough to have him lead my Coaches Prep Certification this past weekend in Boulder.
News and Notes:
1. I had a great time in Colorado drinking micro brews and eating bison burgers..oh yeah, and attending the CrossFit Coaches Prep Course. It was a great experience and a reminder that I have really let a lot of form issues go by the wayside. We will be working over the next 6-7 weeks of really hammering home the little stuff. Cleaning up your form will help with many things such as few injuries, heavier loads (over time) and better overall progression. Do not take offense if a trainer calls you out a bit to work with you. It’s what we are here for.
2. There is a competition on December 1st in Orwigsburg, PA. Chris Stokes (who has visited our gym several times–also is apart of the cadre for GORUCK Challenges) is running the show. It is a team event–2 guys or 2 girls. There will be a scaled division as well. There will be more details to follow very shortly. It would a good challenge to focus on before the holidays come full swing.
3. If you are all at interested in changing over your CC payment to and ACH payment please email Caitlin at firstname.lastname@example.org. It saves us some money and we really appreciate fewer CC fees.
4. The gym will be closed this Saturday for the CF Olympic Lifting Seminar. We will reopen Monday morning at 530am.
5. Watch for the signup sheet for the Christmas Party on Saturday December 8th at 5pm.
6. Beginning next week we will be retesting. We will continue this testing until the day before Thanksgiving. Do what you can to show up as often as possible. These numbers will be important for your training and progression for the next few months!
7. Sign up for the Sticks and Biscuits 5k. Just bring in 20 bucks to the gym the next time you’re in and fill out the registration. Sign up before November 9th gets you a long sleeve t-shirt, perfect for CrossFit! Sign up and support Palmyra Hockey (and to get another PR that week)!
Squat Clean Thrusters 7 x 1
Front Squat (135/95)